What can we help you with?
How to set up Android Pay
To use Android Pay your handset has to meet the following requirements: be running Android v4.4 or higher, and be equipped with an NFC chip. Providing these criteria are met then you can go ahead and start using the mobile payment service.
Here’s what to do…
- If your phone doesn’t already have Android Pay installed, download it from the Google Play store.
- Once you have installed Android Pay open the app.
- Add your card details within the app.
a. If you’ve already added a card to your Google Wallet, then you will be asked whether you’d like to add it directly to Android Pay.
b. To add a different card, snap a picture of it through the app to capture the details.
- If you don’t already have a lock screen on your handset, you’ll now be prompted to set one.
- Your card issuer may need to verify the registration of your card for security reasons. Each bank will have their own security policy and method of verification.
- Now you can simply unlock your phone and tap to use Android Pay at any contactless payment terminal.